Ingo Hilgefort writes about the features and enhancements that are new with release 4.1 for the integration between the SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence suite, SAP NetWeaver BW, SAP NetWeaver BW on SAP HANA, and SAP ERP.
Release 4.1 of the SAP BusinessObjects BI Suite of products has several new features, such as the ability to define a relative depth for hierarchical reporting with Crystal Reports for Enterprise, the auto refresh capability of Web Intelligence, and offline dashboards with SAP BusinessObjects Dashboards.
With the release of SAP BusinessObjects BI 4.1, there have been several enhancements for:
- Web Intelligence
- Crystal Reports for Enterprise
- SAP BusinessObjects Dashboards
- SAP BusinessObjects Analysis, edition for OLAP
- SAP BusinessObjects Explorer
In addition, several enhancements have been made to the following products in the same time frame:
- SAP Lumira 1.0 Service Pack 11 (SP11)
- SAP BusinessObjects Design Studio 1.1
- SAP BusinessObjects Analysis 1.4, edition for Microsoft Office
The products mentioned above (Lumira, Design Studio, Analysis Office) are integrated with the SAP BusinessObjects 4.1 release, but are not necessarily always released together with the SAP BusinessObjects suite. Instead they are released more frequently. The release versions mentioned above are those versions that are available in combination with the overall 4.1 suite release.