What’s New in SAP BusinessObjects Design Studio 1.6 SP02?
- by Ingo Hilgefort, Vice President of Product Management, Visual BI Solutions
- August 17, 2016
Learn about the latest updates to SAP BusinessObjects Design Studio 1.6 that are included in Support Package 02. Although this is not a new product version, there are many interesting and useful new updates, and detailed instructions for how to use these new components.
By reading this article you will:
- Gain an overview on the new capabilities that have been delivered with SAP BusinessObjects Design Studio 1.6 Support Package 02 (SP 02)
- Receive detailed, step-by-step instructions about how to use some of the new components
- Learn about updates to the SAP BusinessObjects Design Studio roadmap
SAP BusinessObjects Design Studio is SAP’s flagship product when it comes to professionally authored dashboards. After SAP’s announcement of the new roadmap for SAP Lumira and SAP BusinessObjects Design Studio, it is clear that SAP BusinessObjects Design Studio is a very strategic part of SAP’s overall product strategy.
Although SAP BusinessObjects Design Studio 1.6 Support Package 02 (SP 02) does not provide you with a full release and the scope of new capabilities that you normally would expect from a new release—it is more of a service package delivering a set of new capabilities—there are still some very interesting new features. These include:
- New dialog containers
- Enhancements to information charts
- Ad-hoc currency conversion
- The ability to add filter bars
- New additional components for the dashboard consumer
- The ability to add calculations
In the following sections, I provide details about each of these new features, as well as a brief overview of some other new components, followed by step-by-step instructions about how to use them.
With the update, SAP delivers a new dialog container that enables you to create a dialog as part of your overall dashboard design. For example, it offers the option to configure settings before exporting your dashboard and to use this dialog component as part of your user interaction. The new dialog component is only one part of the SAPUI5 library (also referred to as the SAP Fiori library).
Would you like to see this full item?