A 2016 Guide to the SAP ERP HCM and SuccessFactors Reporting Landscapes and Solutions (Part 2)
- by Danielle Larocca, Senior Vice President, Human Capital Management, EPI-USE Labs
- January 5, 2016
Review the available SAP ERP HCM and SuccessFactors reporting options, including the pros and cons of each.
Reading this article, you will gain an overview of the:
- Different landscape scenarios and where your data resides for reporting
- Available reporting solutions as part of the SAP ERP HCM solution portfolio
- Different reporting solutions available as part of the SuccessFactors solution portfolio
- Individual solutions that are available within each of the families of SuccessFactors reporting
- Pro and cons of each solution and the access shortcuts for solution use
Hybrid reporting refers to any scenario in which you are reporting on data from your SAP ERP HCM system in addition to data from any SuccessFactors module. A real-world example is reporting on Payroll data from SAP HCM and reporting on Employee Central data from SuccessFactors.
In its Q4 update, SAP announced that there are approximately 14,000 SAP customers globally with 830 customers who have moved to SuccessFactors Employee Central, a 79-percent customer growth year on year. As companies begin to make the shift from on premise to cloud, and with the multiple landscape options in between, where the data resides and how it is accessed from a reporting perspective continues to be confusing.
In this article, a follow-up to my “A Guide to SuccessFactors HCM Reporting Options (Part 1),” HR Expert article, I explain the different deployment options and the pros and cons of each. As more companies move toward the cloud, users need to understand their options for reporting on their SAP ERP HCM and SuccessFactors data.
Would you like to see this full item?