A Step-by-Step Guide for Creating Job Requisitions from Position Organizational Charts in SAP SuccessFactors
- by Rinky Karthik, Project Manager, HCM SuccessFactors, People LoB for itelligence
- April 11, 2017
Learn how to configure SAP SuccessFactors Position Management and Recruiting integration to create a requisition from the position organizational chart. Integration between Position Management and Recruitment Management provides many benefits, including the ability to create requisitions on the current or a future date.
Reading this article, you will learn:
- How to configure SAP SuccessFactors Position Management and Recruiting integration to create a requisition from the position organizational chart
- How to create business rules to map fields in the job-requisition and position attributes
- What types of fields in the requisition attribute can be mapped to position fields and how to define mapping rules
- How to provide Role-Based Permission access to users to be able to view and create job requisitions from position organizational charts
- How to make the necessary provisioning settings to ensure future-dated job requisition creation
The SAP SuccessFactors Recruiting Suite is an end-to-end talent-acquisition solution that enables companies to attract and engage top talent. This solution helps select and hire the best-fit candidates. It is commonly referred to as REC.
The integration of SAP SuccessFactors Recruitment Management and Position Management has many benefits. Once in place, a requisition from a position in the position organizational chart can be created on the current date and a job requisition is created immediately in Recruitment Management. If you create a requisition as of a future date, a job-requisition-processing request is created immediately and the SAP SuccessFactors background job (Quartz Job) automatically creates a job requisition in Recruitment Management when the creation date is reached.
The focus of this article is on the step-by-step configuration between SAP SuccessFactors Recruitment Management and Position Management. I show the steps and process to create a requisition from a position organizational chart once the integration configuration between Recruitment Management and Position Management is complete. This article is meant for SuccessFactors Recruiting-certified consultants or Employee Central-certified users who are familiar with configuration of the Metadata Framework (MDF) and business rules.
The Configuration Steps for Integration of Recruitment Management and Position Management
The integration between Recruiting Management and Position Management is a valued opportunity as it provides the ability to create job requisitions from the position organizational chart and it’s an important feature for companies that use both these modules of SAP SuccessFactors. It gives the recruiter visibility to open positions within the organizational chart and a one-click opportunity to create a requisition from the organizational chart itself.
In this section, I walk through the step-by-step configuration process of integrating Recruitment Management and Position Management.
Would you like to see this full item?