An Overview of SAP SuccessFactors Interview Scheduling Functionality
- by Aparna Samudrala, SAP SuccessFactors Consultant, Whitaker-Taylor, Inc.
- April 19, 2017
Learn how Interview Scheduling functionality of SuccessFactors Recruiting Management enables recruiters to quickly and easily manage the recruiting process, thereby reducing the time spent scheduling interviews.
Reading this article, you will:
- Learn how to configure the Interview Scheduling feature in SuccessFactors Recruiting Management
- Understand the key capabilities of the feature, including how to create, edit, cancel, and delete interview schedules
- Learn how to integrate the Interview Scheduling feature with Microsoft Outlook calendar functionality
The Interview Scheduling feature of SAP SuccessFactors allows interviewers to enter their availability directly into the system to easily schedule interviews. The candidate self-scheduling functionality allows organizers to propose times to candidates, who can then select their preferred time.
Interviews are an essential and sometimes scary part of the hiring process, both for candidates and recruiting users. Candidates want to ace their interviews, and interview organizers need to make sure the interview process goes smoothly. Setting up an interview schedule that works for everyone involved is not easy and can be somewhat challenging.
The SAP SuccessFactors Interview Scheduling functionality helps simplify and streamline the entire interview-scheduling process. SAP SuccessFactors Interview Scheduling enables interview organizers to access an interviewer’s availability directly within the tool, and gives candidates the flexibility to choose time slots that work for them.
I show you how to configure the SAP SuccessFactors Interview Scheduling feature; create, edit, and delete interview schedules; and integrate with the Microsoft Outlook calendar. Along the way, I also provide you with interesting tips.
Before configuring the Interview Scheduling feature, you need to make sure the system meets the following requirements:
- SuccessFactors version 12 user interface (UI)
- Version 2 for Data Retention Management (DRM) or Data Privacy Consent Statement (DPCS), if using either
- Career Site version 12. This option is available by following menu path Admin Center > Manage Recruiting > Manage Recruiting Sites > Enable V12 External Career Site.
Steps for Configuring the SAP SuccessFactors Interview Scheduling Functionality
This section details the steps needed to configure the Interview Scheduling functionality in SuccessFactors Recruiting Management module.
Would you like to see this full item?