Considerations for Defining an SAP HCM Global Template

  • by Mark S. Jackson, HCM Senior Manager, Accenture
  • September 29, 2010
During a global SAP ERP HCM implementation, you first need to define a global template that clearly documents the global design and assists future rollouts with accelerated delivery and design principles. Explore many of the challenges you might face when defining a global template. Understand key definitions and what type of project deliverables can feed into and out of the global template during the different project phases.
Key Concept
The SAP ERP HCM global template sets relevant common requirements for upcoming country implementations of SAP ERP HCM. The global template serves as the core design strategy that should cover about 75% of all global requirements in SAP ERP HCM. The remaining 25% covers local legal requirements such as payroll and government reporting. Key benefits of using a global template include setting the relevant common requirements for upcoming country implementations of SAP ERP HCM and ensuring a consistent implementation and design across all countries. The initial global template is defined during the blueprint phase of a project and is maintained during build, test, and deployment.

Defining an SAP ERP HCM global template includes creating global HR process flows, SAP ERP HCM concepts (i.e., configuration and development standards), and localization (i.e., country-specific requirements to support legal compliance, payroll, and government reporting). These components are instrumental in ensuring that your global solution is practical for your organization and that you can use it across all countries.

Mark S. Jackson

Mark Jackson has been working with SAP ERP HCM for more than 12 years and specializes in SuccessFactors Employee Central and the SAP ERP HCM Personnel Administration and Organizational Management modules. He has had numerous experiences with implementing and leading SAP ERP HCM and SuccessFactors globally and is a subject-matter expert in defining global templates for SAP/SuccessFactors implementations.

See more by this author


Comments

No comments have been submitted on this article. 


Please log in to post a comment.

To learn more about subscription access to premium content, click here.