Learn how SAP Enterprise Learning and SAP Learning Solution support compliance-related processes such as identifying training needs, recording training, and tracking competencies, expirations, and updates.
Learning management, the management of learning processes and activities, has diverse application scenarios. In some companies, for example, learning management is used to keep employees compliant with certain regulatory or legal requirements. Companies need a structured approach and, more importantly, need to track the learning activities of their employees so that they can pass government agency audits and resolve any compliance issues that may come up, which can be costly if not dealt with in a timely manner.
In certain industries the learning department is also asked to ensure that the workforce is knowledgeable enough to be compliant with regulatory or legal requirements. Target groups can be the internal workforce or learners in the extended enterprise, such as contractors. We discuss compliance training using SAP Enterprise Learning and SAP Learning Solution and we also explore some lessons learned and tips for learning practitioners.
SAP Enterprise Learning expands SAP Learning Solution functionality by offering out-of-the-box integration with Adobe Connect Professional software. This provides interactive, online, virtual learning sessions that improve productivity and quality of training, while reducing training costs related to traditional classrooms.
How to Manage Compliance with a Learning Management System (LMS)
The key objectives of a learning compliance project that uses an LMS (in this example, SAP Learning Solution), are:
- To provide a single source of truth (one central qualification database) that:
- Defines and document updates of qualification only (e.g., by registering course completions and ensuring online tests are evaluated by an assessor).
- Tracks updated versions of training materials in classrooms and online courses.
- Makes every manager and every employee responsible for compliance, not just one compliance officer.
- To provide visibility into compliance training gaps and forecast upcoming gaps for managers, employees, and other stakeholders.