Sync Qualifications from SAP ERP HCM and SuccessFactors HCM with Integration Add-On 3.0
- by Arun Kumar Timalapur, SAP ERP HCM Consultant, SAP India
- June 2, 2015
Learn the steps for integrating the SAP ERP HCM qualifications with SuccessFactors HCM suite competencies as part of the Integration Add-On 3.0 for Support Package 00. See how to implement the integration process using SAP HANA Cloud Integration as middleware. Once employee competencies have been integrated between SAP ERP HCM and the SuccessFactors HCM suite companies will reap the following benefits:
1. Be able to perform any employee lifecycle activities involving employee qualifications for validations (e.g., promotion actions for employees for verifying if they have the required skills and qualifications).
2. Be able perform task assignments to employees by evaluating their qualifications in SAP ERP HCM (e.g., by pulling the employee competencies [qualifications)] from the SuccessFactors HCM suite).
After reading this article, you will be able to:
- Understand the integration of the SAP ERP HCM Qualifications Catalog with the SuccessFactors HCM Competency Library
- Configure and implement the integration scenario
- Implement the integration using SAP HANA Cloud Integration as middleware
- Update the Qualification Catalog in SAP ERP HCM with the Competency Library in the SuccessFactors HCM suite
- Update the Employee qualification based on the Employee Competencies in the SuccessFactors HCM suite
The Integration Add-On 3.0 for SAP ERP HCM and SuccessFactors HCM suite (a talent-hybrid model) is a software component that is installed with the SAP ECC 6.0 software version. This software contains the functionality to integrate SAP ERP HCM solutions with the SuccessFactors HCM suite. Add-On 3.0 is a key element that needs to be installed to realize the standard solution for the SAP HCM talent-hybrid deployment model.
The Integration Add-On 3.0 is a key element that needs to be installed with the standard solution for the SAP ERP HCM talent-hybrid deployment model. In this model, the core HR solutions, such as Personnel Administration, Organizational Management, Payroll, and Time Management are implemented using SAP ERP HCM, and the HR talent management solutions, such as recruiting, learning solution, compensation management, and performance management are implemented on the SuccessFactors HCM suite.
In this article I focus on the integration scenarios delivered in Integration Add-On 3.0, Support Package 00 (Integrating SAP ERP HCM Qualifications with SuccessFactors HCM suite Competencies). I discuss how the Qualifications Catalog is extracted from SAP ERP HCM and then imported as Competencies into the SuccessFactors HCM suite. I also discuss the regular synchronization between employee competencies in the SuccessFactors HCM suite with the employee profile (Qualifications) in SAP ERP HCM.
The Integration Add-On 3.0 for SAP ERP HCM and the SuccessFactors HCM
suite incorporates all the integration scenarios that were delivered in
Integration Add-Ons 1.0 and 2.0 previously.
Integrating SAP ERP HCM Employee Qualification Profiles with SuccessFactors HCM Suite Competencies
An employee’s talent profile, qualifications, competencies, skills, and proficiencies are managed in the SuccessFactors HCM suite and are updated during the performance management process. The qualifications profile of an employee is an important factor in assigning tasks and determining the skill gap for employees. It is helpful to use to compare employees’ qualifications to the activities associated with their positions and jobs. Because of this it is important to update employees’ qualifications in SAP ERP HCM with his or her competencies from the SuccessFactors HCM suite.
Would you like to see this full item?