Quick Tip: A Cheat Sheet for the Different SAP SuccessFactors and SAP ERP Packaged Integrations
- by Luke Marson, Co-Founder, CEO Americas, and Principal Architect for Employee Central, iXerv
- August 9, 2016
Learn about the differences between the various packaged integrations that SAP provides for integrating SAP ERP and SAP SuccessFactors. Understand what integrations are offered in each package and how these can be used to integrate your data and processes between SAP ERP HCM and SAP SuccessFactors.
By reading this article, you will learn tips about:
- What packaged integrations SAP provides to integrate SAP ERP HCM and SAP SuccessFactors
- What processes are covered in each package
- Which package is right for your deployment scenario
Integrating data between SAP ERP and SAP SuccessFactors is critical when multiple processes across the systems leverage data that is mastered in one system. For example, SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central may be the system of record for employee master data, but payroll is processed in SAP ERP and needs that employee master data. Another example is that SAP ERP HCM is the system of record for employee master data, but the talent processes are performed in SAP SuccessFactors. This quick tip provides a brief overview of the different integration packages and their purposes.
SAP provides a number of packaged integrations to enable data and process integration between SAP ERP and SAP SuccessFactors. These cover a number of different scenarios that are common among companies using these applications. The three packaged integrations that SAP provides are:
- Integration add-on for SAP ERP HCM and SAP SuccessFactors HCM Suite
- Integration add-on for SAP ERP and SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central
- Integration add-on for SAP ERP CO [controlling] master data and SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central
Would you like to see this full item?