Learn how Solution Documentation has changed in SAP Solution Manager 7.2 to an enhanced single source of truth for all aspects of a delivered solution.
Reading this article, you will learn:
- How the solution component has changed in release 7.2 and its role in Solution Documentation
- How the concept of branches is used to manage versions of Solution Documentation
- The concept of reusable libraries
- How different component parts of Solution Documentation relate to one another
- The basics of the new user interface
- Basic concepts of adding content into a solution branch
Solution Documentation now consists of the sum of all the documents, libraries, and business processes associated with the design, build, implementation, and support of the enterprise solution. To enable this change, SAP had to fundamentally alter the way key components work in SAP Solution Manager and deliver some new ones.
Solution Documentation in SAP Solution Manager 7.2 is a whole new experience if you’ve used Solution Documentation in version 7.1 or in prior versions. SAP has completely rewritten the way the business process hierarchy (BPH) is maintained and how documentation is assigned to it. I show how to use the new Solution Documentation in the hopes of getting your teams up to speed to take advantage of Solution Manager 7.2 more quickly.