Delivering Process- and Job-Aligned Training at Lower Cost with Solution Manager
- by D. Russell Sloan, Implementation and Governance Specialist — SAP Solution Manager, IBM Global Business Services
- December 21, 2012
SAP solutions require a considerable amount of end-user training. Navigating through a large collection of training material can be daunting for a new SAP end user. By aligning the training to the business processes and to specific jobs, SAP Solution Manager Learning Maps can make accessing training more streamlined.
By using the Business Process Hierarchy and the SAP HR organization structure available in SAP Solution Manager, you can better manage the organization and delivery of training. The SAP HR organization structure can be leveraged to align training to job roles.
Learning Maps are SAP Solution Manager’s way for you to build training materials for your users without having to undertake buying and installing a learning management system (LMS). Rather than having to acquire an LMS and then train your users on it, you can use this feature within your already implemented Solution Manager system and a Web browser. This feature enables you to produce training materials that users can follow more easily without incurring further cost.
The objectives for using Solution Manager Learning Maps are as follows:
- Provide collections of end-user training that are aligned to end users’ jobs
- Enable “train before access,” which allows access to the training without access to the SAP systems
- Provide for training alignment to business process
- Identify training needed by job role
To deliver on the objectives, you need to use the following Solution Manager features as enablers:
- Solution Manager HR organization structures
- The Business Process Hierarchy (BPH) Training Materials and End User Roles tabs
- Solution Manager Learning Maps
I’ll start by explaining some setup steps that you have to perform and then show you how to build a sample Learning Map.
Would you like to see this full item?