How to Transition to SAP S/4HANA
- by Frank Densborn, Product Manager, Packaged Solutions, SAP
- Oren Shatil, Vice President, Head of Product Management for Technology Packaged Solutions, SAP
- Kim Mathaess, Product Manager, Packaged Solutions, SAP
- October 5, 2015
Review three scenarios for transitioning to SAP S/4 HANA: migration to a new system, system conversion, or landscape transformation.
Reading this article you will learn:
- What SAP S/4HANA is
- How the SAP Activate methodology works
- Which transition route is the right one for you
SAP S/4HANA is a modular suite of applications, delivered in the cloud and on premise, that leverages SAP HANA for real-time business processes.
Once you’ve made the decision to move to SAP’s next-generation Business Suite, SAP S/4HANA, you face the challenge of migration, just as with any other software application. Migration is a major task and is essential for a successful implementation. You’ll need a reliable, fast, effective solution to transition your existing enterprise software to this new business suite.
We outline how to mitigate risk and get the most out of your SAP S/4HANA implementation by finding the right migration path. Whether you want to convert your existing SAP system into S/4HANA or start with a fresh system featuring clean, valid, business-ready data, we provide guidance and best practices. We walk you through the prerequisites, basic preparation steps, and the migration process.
Would you like to see this full item?