SAP Aims to Reach All Corners of the World with New Mobile Strategy

  • by Laura Casasanto, Former Managing Editor
  • August 30, 2010
Management/Mobile
In their first time speaking to the press since SAP acquired Sybase, the companies addressed their mobile strategy going forward and major goals for the coming months.

Although 60% of all the business applications and data around the world run on SAP systems, John Chen, Sybase CEO, is eyeing the other 40% as well as the “uncharted hundreds of percents from all the developing countries of the world.”

In an attempt to reach those segments, SAP will be releasing a software development kit (SDK) to provide the SAP ecosystem the ability to develop mobile applications using SAP’s back end. The SDK is slated to be released by next spring. Jim Hagemann Snabe, SAP co-CEO, says delivering the platform for mobility will allow it to push out rapid mobile innovations for users from all kinds of industries and geographies globally.

The strategy was discussed at press conference in Boston that revealed SAP’s mobile plan after acquiring Sybase, a leader in enterprise and mobile software. SAP co-CEO Bill McDermott and Chen led the press conference in Boston while Hagemann Snabe led a similar and teleconferenced press conference in Frankfurt, Germany.

Laura Casasanto

Laura Casasanto is a technical editor who served as the managing editor of SCM Expert and Project Expert.

See more by this author


Comments

No comments have been submitted on this article. 


Please log in to post a comment.

To learn more about subscription access to premium content, click here.