Seamlessly Activate and Deploy SAP Fiori 1.0 for SAP Solutions for GRC
- by Kehinde Eseyin, Senior SAP GRC Consultant, Turnkey Consulting Ltd.
- February 24, 2017
Understand the technical architectural design, setup, and implementation of SAP Fiori in the SAP GRC environment as it relates to SAP Access Control, SAP Risk Management, and SAP Process Control applications. SAP Fiori provides a friendlier and intuitive user interface to access these SAP applications.
Reading this article, you will learn:
- About the technical system landscape and prerequisites for deploying SAP Fiori applications for SAP GRC products
- How to activate Open Data Protocol (OData) services and perform specific customization activities related to this functionality
- How to navigate around the SAP Fiori applications for SAP GRC solutions
- Recommendations, limitations, and best practices as they relate to implementing and operating SAP Fiori applications for SAP GRC solutions
SAP Fiori for SAP solutions for GRC is a product that allows you to personalize and simplify the user experience (UX) for your SAP GRC applications. SAP Fiori offers a role-based, consumer-level user experience across different functional tasks and devices, including mobile devices.
SAP Fiori provides a user-friendly and intuitive interface to access some capabilities of the SAP GRC products—SAP Access Control, SAP Risk Management, and SAP Process Control. This is in line with SAP’s strategy for improving the user experience especially in this digital age with the use of mobile devices on the increase.
The SAP Fiori launchpad is the basis of all SAP Fiori user interfaces (UIs), and it provides fundamental functions for SAP Fiori apps such as logon, surface sizing, navigation between apps, and role-based app catalogs. End users access the SAP Fiori apps from the SAP Fiori launchpad. The specific UIs for the apps are delivered as SAP GRC application-specific add-on products that must be additionally installed on the front-end server.
I discuss the following topics:
- Understanding the technical components and prerequisites for implementation of SAP Fiori for SAP GRC solutions
- Activation of Open Data Protocol (OData) services
- SAP Fiori authorization concept
- Related IMG customization activities
- The look and feel of the SAP Fiori applications for the SAP GRC solution
- Tips, tricks, and recommendations
Would you like to see this full item?