Change Request Management (ChaRM) security is not a subject about which you can easily find complete organized information. Sam Gassem discusses ChaRM security in detail.
Reading this article you will learn:
- How to manipulate SAP Solution Manager Change Request Management (ChaRM) menus and the WebClient user interface (UI) and assign them to users
- How to assign transaction types and user statuses to roles and users
- About trusted systems authentication and security
- How to run an authorization trace
Transaction code PFCG is where you maintain roles and authorization. Business role SOLMANPRO is where you control the navigation bar and logical links. A technical role is used to control authorization objects to allow a technical component of the system to run. A composite role consists of two or more single roles.
To set up SAP Solution Manager Change Request Management (ChaRM) for your users, you need business roles and authorization roles. Using different business roles enables you to tailor the system for its users in terms of profiles, screens, sets of functionalities, and authorizations. The following sections provide more detail about how to use ChaRM functionality to make your system more secure:
- Business Role
- Authorization Role
- Adopt Authorization Objects
- Remote Function Call (RFC) Authorization and Trusted System Authorization
- How to Adopt All of the Above
- Authorization Trace via Transaction Code ST01