What's the Next Generation in SAP Application Development?
- by James Wood, Founder and Principal Consultant, Bowdark Consulting
- February 24, 2014
SAP Professional Journal
Using five scenarios, James Wood shows how new technologies in the SAP landscape may shape the way that applications are designed and developed in the months and years to come.
Reading this article you’ll:
- Learn how next generation technologies may impact the way that applications are developed in the future
- Recognize how new products and technologies are positioned within the SAP technology landscape
In the past several years, there has been a huge shift in the SAP development landscape. While most of the SAP development community has been focused on SAP HANA technology, several other key products and technologies have silently emerged as key enablers for delivering next generation applications. Some of the more prominent products and technologies in this space include:
- SAP HANA Cloud Platform (HCP)
- SAP Mobile Platform (SMP)
- SAP NetWeaver Gateway
- SAPUI5 and SAP Fiori
- SAP River
When combined with the innovations introduced with SAP HANA, developers now have a set of tools for developing applications in the cloud, mobile applications, and much, much more. I’ll try to make sense of all this by providing a glimpse at how these new technologies may factor into the way that next generation applications are developed within the SAP landscape.
Would you like to see this full item?