Write Ad-Hoc Analysis Programs That Are Mobile Friendly with SAPUI5
- by Sandesh Darne, Mobility Practice Head, L&T Infotech
- Fedorah D'souza, Senior Mobility Architect, L&T Infotech
- February 11, 2014
SAP Professional Journal
See how to implement SAPUI5 to provide your users with interactivity and the ability to analyze data when they are on their smartphones or tablets.
Reading this article you will learn how to:
- Leverage client processing capabilities
- Generate dynamic and responsive user interfaces (UIs) on the fly
Business users often rely on applications such as Microsoft Excel or business calculation applications when they need to analyze data, forecast business numbers, or use complex business formulas. However, when they are using mobile devices the availability of those secondary applications is more challenging. That is where the SAPUI5 framework comes in, eliminating dependency on other tools.
The framework allows you to:
- Generate the required UI dynamically based on user inputs
- Define dynamic formulas on the screen as done on spreadsheets
- Execute a dynamic formula at a browser client
- Simulate ad-hoc formulas
- Make the application work on PCs or laptops as well as mobile devices with all the form factors, look and feel, and navigation patterns
- Make the application work on any operating system with any browser
Would you like to see this full item?